This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Love of Aviation Photography

One of the enjoyments that I have is aviation photography. This is not a hobby that I intend to turn into a money making venture like wildlife photography. I just enjoy aircraft but I still challenge myself on proper exposure and composition. I love aircraft. When I was younger I used to go to the Abbotsford International Airshow. Nowadays, with other things tying up my time, I hardly get a chance to go to Abbotsford during Airshow long weekend, so I get my fix with aircraft through another way. Plane-Spotting.

According to YVR, there is going to be a push to join IAWA (International Aviation Watch Association, a group of like-minded individuals who also provide a secondary cordon of security around the airport by reporting in things to first responders if they see anything suspicious. They also get interesting things like ID badges and identification clothing that will set them apart from your typical "Lookie-Lou". I have joined the FB group and hope to be notified as soon as requirements are set in place such as standard operating procedure and governance. I hope to be a member of the YVR Aviation Watch. This will give me a reason to go out to Ferguson and do some aviation shooting as well as keeping my eyes out for anything out of the ordinary. It's a service to the community in the post 9/11 atmosphere that permeates the aviation sector. We all have to do our part to keep airports and aircraft in general safe.




This one almost looks like a miniature.




No comments:

Post a Comment