This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

iPhone Photography - Worth Trying Out (if you have an iPhone)

The iPhone 4s is quite the little multifunction device. As a camera, it definitely is satisfactory. The photos, considering the size of the sensor chip in the camera, are grainy, however the grain isn't very noticeable when you come right down to it.

It definitely is not a DSLR and is not meant to replace my camera. However I do enjoy shooting photography with the iPhone 4s and it's probably one of the best little carry along camera (next to my L11) that I can have around. Not to mention it's primary function is as a phone (making and receiving calls).

As a photographer, I've always enjoyed challenging myself and this iPhone 4s is a definite challenge. Now, I'm not going to ditch my d300s and exclusively become an iPhone photographer. That much is clear. Different gear for different objectives. Here are my three latest shots.







As you can see, it does have a decent range of image reproduction, however you do have to do some tweaking in Photoshop Elements to bring out the tonal quality. But on the whole it's great. I tend to do a little post processing when it comes to iPhone photography as opposed to posting it up directly from in-camera. I find that Photoshop Elements brings out the best in the photography as opposed to the in-camera apps.

I'm looking forward to doing more with iPhone 4s photography. Maybe I'll get myself a gradient filter app. Anyways. Grab your camera or camera phone and get out there and shoot. As always, Happy Shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment