This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Great Blue Heron & Ducks - September 24, 2012

When I went out to Iona Beach on September 24, 2012, I had the opportunity to view a majestic Great Blue Heron standing in the shallows. There were at least five Great Blues there and it was amazing. Unfortunately, though I didn't have long enough reach on my lens and had to settle for shots like this, which isn't what I would expect of the quality of my keepers. It's OK for personal blog use though. I'm hoping that when I finally get my Nikon AF-S 600mm f/4 VR, I'll be able to produce images of much better range and quality than this. It's the "equipment" unfortunately as was stated beforehand.

From where I was standing (this reference shot would be at an 18mm range), my two choices were 1) to get closer I would have to leave the proximity of the car (with Storm in it) and move closer to the ducks and Great Blue Heron (quite possibly spooking in the process) or 2) stay by the car and get the image that I did. Hence the reason why I am looking at lenses with greater range or the addition of a 2x teleconverter ("extenders" for those of you reading this blog who are Canonites).

No comments:

Post a Comment