This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Night Structures - Central City, Whalley; Surrey, BC

Trying to get back into the swing of things after the post-Gibson's throat infection - tired and fatigued, but itching to get that camera in hand. Went up tonight to go take some photographs.

I think at ISO 100 they came out a lot sharper but the ISO 100 on the Nikon has less definition and has to be pumped up a bit in post. The Nikon ISO 100 is actually a base ISO 200 underexposed by 1 stop to simulate ISO 100, but unfortunately, the highlights tend to clip earlier and the sensor is less sensitive. I wanted to shoot at LO 1.0 because I still found that when I was shooting at night that if there was definition like clouds, there would be noise. So thus I went to LO 1.0 to remove what noise that was there. These images I shot in JPG. The next bunch I'll do in RAW.

What I am finding is that the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 is not wide enough for what perspective of view I want. So it's either go with the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 or go with the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8. Or perhaps both. Well...my pocketbook is going to really not like me after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment