This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, September 9, 2013

In Your Face, Mr Grebe! Pied Billed; that is...

I've been swearing up and down at that miserable pied billed grebe that I've had the misfortune of encountering firstly with my 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII (not enough range) and with the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 G (still not enough range). Let's just say he is pretty much the most uncooperative little feathered lout I've had the misfortune of attempting to photograph. It could be my choice of photography venue - Green Timbers Lake or it could just be the signs that indicate no entry into the lake for any reason. However with the acquisition of the 600/4 I have been waiting for that little miserable aquatic bird to poke its head out. And it was just my luck that it was that particular day that I went with my 600/4 to Green Timbers...as I seemed to be having little luck elsewhere.

Despite the fact that this was pretty much a 90% crop, it came out just fine for web use and turned out relatively nicely. When I get the TC-14EII or the TC-17EII, I'll attempt another shot of the pied billed grebe, yet again. Finally...this shot was acceptable (though not a "for sale" type shot). So...Mr. Grebe...who's laughing now?

No comments:

Post a Comment