This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hawthorne Park Wanderings

I had 45 minutes before I headed over to Storm's daycare to actually go out and get some photography done. So I thought at first that I would head over to Green Timbers, my usual haunt, but the traffic was horrendous leading over to that park, so I made a split-second decision to go up to Hawthorne Park instead. I took my D300s/50mm f/1.8 D lens and a Hoya polarizing filter with a 52mm to 62mm step-up ring so that I could use my 62mm Hoya polarizing filter on my 50mm f/1.8 D lens. I've often loved the Hoya filters because they give you a deep rich blue as opposed to the 67mm Tiffen which gives a greenish cast to the sky that is harder to get out than the Hoya filter tint.

This creature was in my driveway. The last time she nearly got catapulted to the roof thanks to her attaching her web to the rear fender of my car. Not a wise choice when I have to pull out of the driveway.

What I need to do is to get some graduated neutral density filters.

No comments:

Post a Comment