This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Big Heavy Metal Birds - YVR

Went to Boundary Bay, Serpentine Fen and Green Timbers on Wednesday. It was pretty much a write-off. There wasn't much to see at all. No birds that were interested in doing much of anything worth photographing. So after I got my daughter from daycare, my sons, daughter and I opted to go to YVR and go shoot big heavy metal birds. At least that kept us occupied until we could pick my wife up from Kwantlen - Richmond.

And this was why a 600mm isn't all that great for plane-spotting.

British Airways B747-436 coming in all flaps out and gear hanging down aiming for Runway 26R. The Boeing 747 landing is a breathtaking sight and one that harkens me back to the days that my late father and I used to come out and watch the aircraft come in. The prize catch for viewing back then was a 747. Now I'm doing the same thing with my own sons and daughter.

China Eastern A330-243 coming in over the fence. Hence the reason why I say the 600mm isn't a great plane-spotting lens. All you see is sections of the aircraft as it goes by.

Delta A320-212 coming in during "golden light". Saw a lot of small ones coming in but have to admit, they're just as nice to photograph.

Particularly hard landing by EVA Air B747-45E B-16411. Kicked up so much burnt rubber smoke that you could smell it from miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment