This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Quickie Trips: Colony Farm and Iona Beach Regional Park.

On June 30th, 2013...we went to Colony Farm and Iona Beach Regional Park today for a little bit of birding (in order to get the heck out of the house)...

The view from the parking lot

The view of the mountains from the parking lot with the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII+TC-20EIII@400mm

The first of our Great Blue Heron sightings for today was at Colony Farm.

Because my daughter would not cooperate, we packed up over at Colony Farm and decided to go to Iona Beach Regional Park.


I think the Great Blue just about nearly wet itself when it saw the 600mm. I think "What the hell is THAT???!!!" was a front-runner in the contest of "What Would The Heron Say...when it saw the 600mm lens?" contest.

The Three Amigos...stood in the water pretty much there the whole time I was 'clicking shutter'.

One of the rare clear shots that I got of the GBH flying or landing. Pretty much had the ISO too low and couldn't get the shutterspeed up. OK...OK...I completely got too engrossed in what I was doing and forgot to set the ISO and shutterspeed up to 1200 ISO and 1/1250th of a second. My stupid mistake!

The B777 coming into land on Runway 26R @ YVR and the blurry herons in the foreground pretty much combine my love of wildlife photography and aviation photography - aviation being a hobby rather than the wildlife photography. Both are equally matched in my interest to both subjects.


No comments:

Post a Comment