This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Today I lost my beloved, little friend

Today, we lost Sam. I don’t know exactly what happened, but from what my wife could tell me, he collapsed and died upstairs in the bedroom. It was so sudden that we were unable to do anything for him. Today I’ve been going through anger, tears, and grief. I keep second-guessing what I could have done for him and wonder if there was anything that I could have done differently. Maybe its denial, maybe there’s a tinge of anger at my self that I wasn’t there (since I was downstairs).

He loved being with me. When he curled up beside me, you could feel his purrs vibrate throughout his body. Yesterday he seemed perfectly healthy. He came up and nuzzled me, purring. Now he’s gone and I don’t know what to do. The tears come when I think of how I’ll never hear his purr again, nor will I ever feel his head rubbing up against my hand when I reach down to pet him again. Nor will I hear his insistent meow when it was time for me to feed him. I even miss his trying to trip me down the stairs by intertwining through my legs as I was trying to go down the steps. I’m grieving and it feels like my heart is being torn out.

Maybe one of these days, I’ll feel the grief lessen, but today it is too fresh in my mind.


***RIP Samuel October 2006-November 2009*** Thank you for helping me through a tough time. You were always my little light. I could always count on you to cheer me up through a purr and a nuzzle. God knows why you were taken so soon in life. I will miss you, my dearest little friend. You will never be forgotten.


I love you, Samuel, and I will always miss you.


Photobucket

"Rainbow Bridge"



Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.


Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....


~author unknown~


My Tribute To My Best Friend



Dear God,



I'm sending you my beloved friend and family member today. When I was feeling like there was no hope in my life, he pulled me out of my depression with his purrs and his meows. He was my comforter and asking no more in return other than to be taken care of and loved. He loved me unconditionally, more than I deserved. I will forever miss his furry head nuzzling up against my hand, his insistent meows asking to be fed. Above all, I will miss his companionship, only asking to be loved and cherished.

Lord, I did my best, yet I feel like I didn't do enough. His last moments were not at my side. I came upstairs after his soul had departed his mortal remains. God forgive me for I was weak. I didn't know that today was to be his last on this earth.

Please take him into your care, knowing that he did his duty that he was put on this Earth to do which was to be my companion during some of the roughest patches of my life. His time on this earth was short, but he accomplished much. Lord, I have one thing to ask. Please allow me to reunite with him and all my furry family members at the end of my life. That is all I ask. They all loved me unconditionally.

I miss them immensely as I miss my latest friend who made that Final Walk today into Your Care.

Lord, please take care of my Best Friend, because I am no longer able to. He has returned Home. Hold him, give him a pet well done, and tell him I will miss him every day for the rest of my life.



Samuel's Grieving Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment