This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, April 8, 2016

04-07-2016 Green Timbers Walk

After feeling wrung out for the past 12 months, both health and psyche-wise, I’ve gotten back into the swing of things. First things first was a serious change of mindset, involving a whole rethink of the entire business. Running a photography business is hard work; a lot of grind and little pay-off, but success will pay off if I stick to it; treating it every single day like a nine-to-five job of building my portfolio of images. My goal is to be a wildlife and landscape stock photographer. That’s what my passions are and what I want to do. However my son likes it when I shoot hockey photography for him. And I do enjoy it.

So, I’ve picked myself up and started walking out to Green Timbers nearly every day. Of course, I do have to set up a schedule to balance it because I can’t just shoot and don’t do any editing or nothing would get done; but I do try to ensure that I strike a balance between shooting and editing. That way my photos get up on social media and gets some exposure. When the car gets repaired the schedule will include regular trips to Serpentine Fen and Boundary Bay. Of course, on those days, I will have to get out extra early as it is a near twenty minute drive out to Boundary Bay one way and I do have to pick my daughter up from school, unless I prearrange it with my wife for her to pick her up.

...and then the fight started...


No comments:

Post a Comment