This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Photo Hit POPULAR on 500px.

After spending a few years on 500px, I'm finding that this seems to be the best platform for photo presentation. In fact, I use 500px as my portfolio for my images. I find that my exposure is slow,yet steady. In fact, it appears that my photos popularity rate has been growing. One of my photos made it in to the POPULAR (over 80% PULSE) rating. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come.

As a photographer, one enjoys it when one's photos get a very popular rating which translates to the fact that people like the photo. And people liking the photo hopefully will mean photo sales. It kind of works like that. My next goal is to get my "AFFECTION" (how many votes needed by people who like your stuff) up to over 1000. Right now it's hovering at 386. It was hovering at 341 for the longest time and my photos were stale at the time. According to 500px. Affection equals "a total of Likes. Keep in mind that Likes from users who are not signed in are not counted towards your Affection, but are counted towards your total Likes, so the numbers may not match."

So far that affection rate has been pushed up by 40 because of the new "snow" pictures that I put up in the past day and a half.

In fact, my latest shot posted has had 7 likes in the past 44 minutes.

At least it means that I am doing something right in my photography. And I'm glad - it means that my photography is progressing.

Just had to throw that in there.

In all seriousness, I'm glad that my photography is making some people sit up and take notice and I'm glad that I'm able to do so in such a public portfolio site as 500px. Hopefully this is the harbinger of better things to come as my photography improves further.

No comments:

Post a Comment