This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Personable Crow - December 14, 2012

After a few months off from photographing birds and concentrating on my son's hockey, I've gone back to picking up the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII to photograph birds. I don't know if it was a hiatus or what, but the inspiration that I got from the photos on 500px was no end of frustration due to the length of lens required to get the shots that I want in my mind's eye. And I threw up my hands and said "why bother shooting and wasting frames on photo-ideas that aren't going to work until I get the lens I need." We are working on the 600mm + TC-14EII (1.4x teleconverter) purchase and hopefully by close to the end of 2014 (around September in time for November 2014 and Harrison Mills, I should have that lens in hand.

This crow was absolutely accomodating with my camera by using the 2004 Impala 4-door sedan that I have for a "rolling blind". It was curious enough to venture close to the vehicle despite the big black eye staring at it from the driver's side window.

No comments:

Post a Comment