This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

St. Paul's Hospital - August 24, 2012

For many years, I walked or bus'ed past St. Paul's Hospital without really thinking about it. On December 15th, 2009, my whole perception of this facility changed. That was the day that I saw my father draw his last breath in one of the rooms in the cardiac care ward. Now, St. Paul's is a place that brings forth a whole cascade of memories and emotions. I can walk past the hospital now without tears coming to my eyes, however I still know deep down inside that this was where I spent my last moments with my father while he still had some semblance of consciousness.

These photos were taken with the iPhone 4s with a little bit of post-processing done in Photoshop Elements

Thanks to those in the Cardiac and Emergency wards that tried to keep my father alive. I know you all tried your best. These people save lives every day and each one lost weighs heavy on them.

Rest in Peace, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment