This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, September 28, 2012

More YVR Photos and a tire-tip - September 24, 2012

The Impala is on "park" right now as I have dry-rot on the tires. This Friday I will take the vehicle in for tire replacement. With the new set of tires on, I will be able to put some gas in the tank and start going to places that I haven't been for quite some time. You don't want to mess with dry rot on your tires as you will end up with a tread separation leading to a blowout at high speed. You don't mess with your tires. Play it safe and drive safely. Especially if you have camera gear. Getting smacked in the head with a $5,000 or more lens can kill you if you have a roll-over due to a tire blowout. I'm not letting my tires get to that point.

This is dry rot on the tires due to it sitting on a car lot for months on end through hot weather and cold weather day in and day out. If your tires get to this point, get it into a tire shop and get them replaced. But this is not a tire blog nor is it an automotive blog. All I want to say by imparting this information is "stay safe; check your vehicle's maintenance". As wildlife photographers, our vehicle is our livelihood and our LIFE. If not maintained properly, our vehicle has the capacity to take our life. Don't let it get to that point.

Here are two more photos from the YVR trip that I made (which considering the condition of my tires, I probably shouldn't have made.

Happy Shooting...and Drive Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment