This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Christian Sasse; An Incredibly Talented Photographer and a Great Friend.

Had the opportunity on June 12, 2013 to spend time with my friend Christian Sasse. My wife and I met up with him at his place at 6PM. It was an opportunity to meet a friend that I had talked with a lot on the internet and on Facebook. He is an avid raptor and wildlife photographer and also does astro-photography. His images have been published through Outdoor Photography Canada and he is a friend of David Hancock, a bald eagle conservationist and researcher. I am happy to know him as a friend and a fellow wildlife photographer.

It is thanks to Christian that I am able to now shoot at 600mm with the purchase (by installment) of his 600mm f/4 D ED-IF II lens. Christian sold this lens to me as he now shoots with a Nikon AF-S 800mm f/5.6 E FL ED VR. That 800mm f/5.6 is absolutely an impressive lens and extremely intimidating with the Digipat Lenscoat.

I'm sure that Christian and I will have the opportunity to go shooting together at his favorite spots in White Rock, at some point in the near future. Of course, I do have to pick myself up a Gitzo tripod and a gimbal head.

The lens peforms extremely well, quick focusing and extremely sharp.

This image has 100% magnification on it in order to show just how sharp the bird cage bars are. This lens is incredible with the ability to focus in and render detail incredibly sharp.

Focusing on the clouds shows beautiful detail. And without buildings in the way either.

Christian Sasse's images of eagles are incredible and should be seen. You can find him on Facebook at Sasse Photo He is an incredibly talented wildlife photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment