This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

B&W or Color?

When I photograph, I look for landscapes that can be converted to black and white. I find that images with a lot of texture that can go black versus white work well for conversion. There are others, but I'm just getting started with landscapes. I look for textures and a background that can work with the image. Above all, I'm looking for opportunities that work well in different lighting. I went to Bear Creek Park on a cloudy morning early around 7AM when there were very few people in the park. Bear Creek Park is usually packed. I had one location in the park that I was wanting to shoot and I headed directly there with no detours. I will eventually go there with a Little Stopper and soft graduated filters. This hopefully will get me the image that I want. But since this little pond is in a rather sheltered location, I'm not too sure if I can get the mist on the water effect with the Little Stopper that I would get at the sea-side or a creek with some water-flow.

I'm tending to lean towards the black and white versus the color in this image. Partly because there's a lot of texture, but the main focus still is the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment