This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

First Commercial Flight Airbus A380 to YVR - British Airways

On May 1st, 2016, British Airways started flying their Airbus A380 super-jumbo into YVR (Vancouver International Airport). Unfortunately, I was unable to be down at the airport to greet this enormous aircraft personally as the condition of my car is less than optimal (battery has a parasitic energy bleed and is sufficiently dead enough that if I were to drive it, it could potentially damage the engine; also doesn't help that the rad is toast and the engine overheats.)

So even though I was unable to make it down to the south terminal of YVR to see the Airbus fly in for its inaugural flight, I still managed to catch the bird in the air before anyone else: How? Because I sat out in my backyard and waited for the Airbus to fly overhead. The Airbus A380 is only scheduled during the summer however, with winter months, I presume being covered by the TripleSeven or the 747-400 (a rather higher gas mileage expenditure) but that will remain to be seen. But hopefully, I will be able to get down to YVR Airport South Terminal and be able to see the aircraft do its thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment