This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lee Filters - Why They Take So Long to Produce.


Mike Browne visits Lee Filters


This is the reason why Lee photographic and cinematographic filters take so long to produce. Each filter is custom handcrafted and quality tested. I'm planning on getting a set of soft 4X6 graduated neutral density filters for my landscape/city scape photography so I'm expecting a bit of wait on these filters which will give me the biggest bang for the buck. They are absolutely the highest quality filters that you can get anywhere. Well-renowned for not throwing unwanted colorcasts into the output, these are prized so much that they have a wait-list of up to several months. I fully expect that I will probably be thrown onto a wait-list as well when I order them.

Update: July 4, 2011: I have put my name on a waiting list at The Camera Store in Calgary. It may be at least late summer - early fall before I can actually see the set of filters, but I will be sending in an order for my Lee filter holders by middle of this month. Then I'll be going and getting some landscape shots to put up on 500px.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment