This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre, Burnaby, BC

Because my wife had some research to do for her linguistics class; we drove over to the National Nikkei Heritage Center in Burnaby and I took the opportunity to play with my iPhone as well as watch over Storm while my wife did some research. The gardens were pleasant to walk around in and despite the overcast skies, it was a nice opportunity to see what the iPhone 4s was capable of.

The building itself is a beautifully designed bit of architecture. The flowing lines are pleasant to the view. It was designed by renowned Japanese-Canadian architect, Raymond Moriyama. I would like one of these days to take my D300s with 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 lens and photograph it at night during the weekdays when it is open till 9:00PM after dark with all the lights on.

The customary "sakura" - pink cherry blossoms on the trees lining the boulevard.

The waterfalls in the pond out front are peaceful and embue an air of calm which is contrasting with the hustle and bustle of Kingsway just behind the bushes.

This is a place that I could come back to again and again; not just because of my Japanese heritage, but also because of the variety of the photography that I can obtain from just this venue alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment