This site doesn’t allow pinning to Pinterest or posting of any content by secondary parties to Facebook or MySpace. Any infringement of copyrighted property will be met with a) a Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown notice, b) a bill for usage of any images and c) a potential lawsuit for copyright infringement. Spam comments will be deleted (links to other services not related to photography are not welcome in this blog; please e-mail me prior to posting a comment containing such links. I do not support any links to secondary photography services that do not offer customer service guarantees). Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 25, 2013

The Japanese Internment at Hastings Park

My wife had an assignment in Linguistics. And she asked me if I could drive her up to Hastings Park. Well, as it stood, we managed to get out there and find the Livestock Building that was the place that people like my mother, my grandmother and grandfather as well as my mother's brothers were kept until they were shipped out to Slocan. It brought home to my wife just exactly that this was "family history" and she realized just what taking my family name really meant. The fact that she was doing this for her linguistics class made me appreciate my wife even more.

Images from iPhone 4s

This must not be something that we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment